Title: Agricultural Trade Modeling – The State of Practice and Research Issues
Published in: Proceedings Issues
Editors: Liu, K. and R. Seeley, eds.
Meeting Date: December 1985
Meeting Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Publication Details: International Economics Division, Economic Research Service, USDA Staff Report #AGES861215
Agricultural Trade Modeling, The State of Practice and Research Issues
Karen Liu and Ralph Seeley, eds., June 1987
International Economics Division, Economic Research Service, USDA
Staff Report #AGES861215
This volume contains papers presented at the December 16-18, 1985 meeting of the IATRC. It was held in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. The program theme of this meeting focused on the current practice and future research agenda of agricultural trade modeling. The report discusses and illustrates some major existing agricultural trade models by exercising them on a common set of scenarios. Comparison of the results from existing models can serve as a guide to the future improvement of trade models. The report also explores research issues that need to be addressed in future trade modeling work in the area of government policies and macro linkages to agricultural trade.
- Front Materials
- An Approach to Modeling Macroeconomic Linkages in Trade Models: With an Application to Agriculture
- Comments on An Approach to Modeling Macroeconomic Linkages in Trade Models: With an Application to Agriculture
- Comments on Suggestions for a Research Agenda in Modeling Trade Policy
Paarlberg, Philip L.
- A Comparison of the Simulation Results From Five International Trade Models
Meilke, Karl D.
- International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis Basic Linked System World Agricultural Model
- The Iowa State University FAPRI Trade Model
Meyers, William H.; Devadoss, S.; Helmar, Michael
- The Michigan State University Agriculture Model
- Overview of Existing Agricultural Trade Models and Modeling Efforts
- Suggestions for a Research Agenda in Modeling Trade Policy
Karp, Larry S.
- USDA’s World Grain, Oilseeds, and Livestock (GOL) Model
- USDA’s World Wheat Trade Model
Dixit, Praveen M.; Sharples, Jerry A.
- A User’s Perspective on the Model Impact Analyses
White, T. Kelley