Title: Economic Transition in Central and East Europe, and the Former Soviet Union: Implications for International Agricultural Trade
Published in: Proceedings Issues
Editors: Von Witzke, H. and S. Tangermann, eds.
Meeting Date: June 1998
Meeting Location: Berlin, Germany
Publication Details: IATRC Proceedings Issue
Economic Transition in Central and East Europe, and the Former Soviet Union: Implications for International Agricultural Trade
Harald von Witzke and Stefan Tangermann, eds., November, 1998
This volume includes proceedings from an IATRC symposium, held June 12-14, 1998 in Berlin, Germany. The purpose of the conference was to provide a good, though necessarily selective, survey both of the issues most relevant in agricultural and more general trade relations between the transition economies in the East and their partner countries in the West, and of the types of analysis that economist can bring to bear on these issues. The issues covered range all the way from the fundamental questions raised by the need to reintegrate the formerly centrally planned economies into market-oriented international trade, to the trade implications of agricultural transition in individual countries in Central and Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Trade relations between East and West in Europe receive particular attention, with a perspective on the impending integration of the countries of Central and Eastern Europe into the European Union.
- Front Materials/Table of Contents
- Agricultural Implications of EU Eastern Enlargement and the Future of the CAP
- Agricultural Trade Between Central Europe and the EU
- Agricultural Transformation in the New Federal States of Germany
Paarlberg, Philip L.
- Agricultural Transition in Central and Eastern Europe
- Agricultural Transition in the New Federal States of Germany
Koester, Ulrich; Brooks, Karen
- Challenges of the World Trading System For CEE Countries and the FSU
Ash, Ken; Brink, Lars
- Economic Reform in the Newly Independent States of the Former USSR: Effects on Agricultural Production and Trade to 2005
Sedik, David J.; Liefert, William M.; Liapis, Peter
- Effects of Market Reforms in the Former Soviet Union on World Grain Trade: Results From A Multi-Market Wheat Trade Model
Leetmaa, Susan E.
- Integration of the Central and East European Countries Into the European Union: Implications for the CEECs
Francois, Joseph F.
- The Political Economy of Agricultural Transition
Swinnen, Johan F.M.
- Privatization and Liberalization and the Transition To A Market Economy: The Former Soviet Union
Johnson, D. Gale
- Reintegrating the Reform Countries Into the World Economy
- Will Baltic Agriculture Survive After EU Accession?
Frohberg, Klaus; Hartmann, Monika