Title: Trade and Development – Proceedings of the Winter 1986 Meeting of the International Agricultural Trade Research Consortium
Published in: Proceedings Issues
Editors: Shane, M., ed.
Meeting Date: December 1986
Meeting Location: CIMMYT, Mexico City, Mexico
Publication Details: Agriculture and Trade Analysis Division, Economic Research Service, USDA Staff Report #AGES870928
Trade and Development
Mathew D. Shane, ed., July 1988
Agriculture and Trade Division, Economic Research Service, USDA
Staff Report #AGES872908
This volume contains papers presented at the December 15-17, 1986 meeting of the IATRC. It was held at the Headquarters of the International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center (CIMMYT) in Texcoco outside of Mexico City. The theme of the meeting was the relationship between trade and development. This issue is currently being hotly debated and at its core is the underlying rationale for stimulating development efforts in Third World countries. The objective of the meeting was to focus on issues relating to trade and development in both a broad and narrow context.
- Front Materials
- An Argentine Perspective on Recent Agricultural Trade and Policy Development
- Building a World Trade Model: Some Lessons We Are Learning
- A Canadian Agricultural Economist’s Perspective on the Canada-U.S. Trade Liberalization Talks
- Changing Patterns of Consumption Underlying Changes in Trade and Agricultural Development
- China’s Past and Future Role in the Grain Trade
- CIMMYT’s Maize Program Overview
- CIMMYT’s Wheat Program Overview
Curtis, Byrd C.
- The ERS Trade Liberalization Study: Methods and Preliminary Results
- The Evolving Role of CIMMYT: Some Issues for World Food and Agriculture
- Government in the Process of Trade and Development
Roe, Terry; Shane, Mathew
- The Green Revolution: The Role of CIMMYT and What Lies Ahead
- International Trade and Factor Movements in Development Theory, Policy, and Experience
- Is There a Role for Producer and Consumer Subsidy Equivalents in Trade Negotiations
Schwartz, Nancy E.
- Mandatory Supply Controls and Trade
- Tax Reform Policies in Developing Countries
Jabara, Cathy L.
- Technological Potential for Increasing Crop Productivity in Developing Countries
- Trade and Development, Development and Trade
- Trade Liberalization: A Canadian View of GATT and the Multilateral Trade Negotiations
- Trade Liberalization: The Results From World Trade Models
Roningen, Vernon O.
- U.S.-Canada Free Trade: What Are the Issues?
Normile, Mary Ann